Thursday, August 09, 2007

international libraries of the world

I meant to add these a while back. So... I quit my job at the lovers' Regenstein to travel (ostensibly), and everywhere I went for a month I took a picture of the libraries I saw. Call it love. This is a library in Oslo, Norway.









The University of Oslo library. "Very Norwegian-looking" according to a friend of mine. They didn't let me inside.


Library in Berlin where the Nazis had their book-burning bonfire. No longer a library, but still... epic.
Memorial to the Nazi book burning. It doesn't look like much, but it's a room sunken in to the ground with lots of empty bookshelves.
The Royal Library of Belgium in Brussels. I have more super-exciting library photos, but I'll save them for later so we all don't get sensory overload. I wish you could've been there!

1 comment:

M.H. said...

excellent use of negative space in the memorial to the Nazi book burning. architect-in-residence mordecai should've been all over that...