Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Lovers, I said, not traitors.

About 5 minutes ago, I received a call from the Chicago Public Library asking me if I still wanted to be considered for the Library Associate position. The woman was nice, and admitted that it had been a long time since I applied (back in May). At first, I was confused--I mixed up Chicago Public Library for UChicago, and thought she was asking about the Harper Storage Supervisor position I had applied for. I was like, "Wait...oh is this the Chicago Public Library?" She said yes, and asked again if I wanted to be considered. Within about 3 seconds of consideration, images of Emily, Sam, glorious UCHP benefits, this blog and its contributors, and Hyde Park appeared before my brain. I was like HELL NO, SUCKERS!! Regenstein is for LOVERS! I'd be a TRAITOR if I said yes. I politely declined and thanked her for calling. I just helped create a playlist for the Holiday Party tomorrow--how am I gonna turn my back on that? All that time spent on figuring out how to insert Boyz II Men, Mariah Carey, TLC, and random Japanese Christmas songs into a relatively traditional playlist of Christmas songs for traitorism? I don't think so!

Note to graduating seniors considering jobs in library: apply NOW and maybe you'll be considered in 6 months. Don't ever count on the city.

No comments: